Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sip 'n Sew

This weekend I hosted my very first sewing party for four of my vintage-loving girlfriends.  We titled the event, "Sip 'n Sew".  Everyone enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as I guided the girls through the same 1940's halter top pattern.  Before the party I sent a detailed email to the girls that listed the supplies that they needed to bring as well as the agenda for our get-together.  I traced the pattern pieces onto damask wrapping paper, which had a one inch grid on the back.  The grid made the tracing easy and the damask print added a bit of flair! 
Everyone took home a copy of the pattern.


Holland (Check out her blog!) 

Sarah

Jeanette (front) and Monica (back)

Monica enjoying a break!

Gizmo is supervising

Sew, sew, sew!

Our 9 ft dining room table came in handy!

Yay! Monica sewed her first seam ever!

The beautiful Sarah showing off her finished product

Holland made a gorgeous blue gingham halter


I love Jeanette's aqua tropical fabric!
We all had a blast and have already planned our next sewing party.... pencil skirts!  My only regret is that I didn't get a picture with everyone together.  I'll just have to get one next time.  I am so lucky to have such a great group of like-minded, creative gals!



10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun! :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Cant wait to see what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! It looks like all of you had loads of fun! (:

    -Allie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cut tops you girls! and a cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic pattern. And you all look great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What awesome tops! And what a fun idea to get everyone together for a sewing night. I don't know anyone in my area who sews apart from my mum so that is not something I could do. But if I knew people I would definately plan one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you again for being such an amazing hostess!! (and for the shout out!) I had the best time! xoxoxoxo I will be blogging all about it this week. I can't wait for next month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the halter tops! Well darn to bad this Texas gal lives in a different part of Texas from what I can tell LOL. I would so have to invite myself to your next sewing party LOL... How fun that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh thats such an awesome idea, sipn'sew. I wish i knew some sewingblogladies where I live

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's my kind of fun evening! Great tops!!

    ReplyDelete